MyBB Extras
Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Printable Version

+- MyBB Extras (http://www.mybbextras.net)
+-- Forum: MyBB Extras - Resources (/Forum-MyBB-Extras-Resources)
+--- Forum: Tutorials (/Forum-Tutorials)
+---- Forum: Random Tutorials (/Forum-Random-Tutorials)
+---- Thread: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor (/Thread-Change-your-Quick-Reply-editor-into-an-advanced-editor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Echo - 08-20-2010 13:19 PM

First of all you need to open "showthread.php" in your favorite editor , notepad , dreamweaver etc...

Find the following line of code:
PHP Code:
The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup

Register

Add this directly above:
PHP Code:

Register

It should now look something like this:
PHP Code:

Register

Save the file and re-upload it.

========================================================

Next thing we need to do is edit a template.

Goto ACP >> Templates >> Your Themes Templates >> Show Thread Templates >> showthread_quickreply

Replace everything in the "showthread_quickreply" with the contents of the text file attached below.

Save the template and you should now have a nice advanced Quick Reply editor.

Advanced Quick Reply editor Image:
[attachment=136]

Comments on this tutorial are welcome.

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Gypaete - 09-02-2010 14:51 PM

Hello! I have a small error,Echo, I did everything at the foot of the letter and went wrong., Echo,you can help me?

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Echo - 09-02-2010 14:55 PM

Find in the attached file:
Quote:The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register

Increase and decrease the red numbers in that bit of code to fix that problem.

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Gypaete - 09-02-2010 15:10 PM

Thanks ,problem resolved Smile Thanks Echo Smile

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Echo - 09-02-2010 15:36 PM

No prob m8 Wink

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - christinaxx - 09-19-2010 18:27 PM

amazing ty

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Echo - 09-19-2010 18:32 PM

Hi use this plugin , it will place smilies on the quick reply box : http://www.mybbextras.net/showthread.php?tid=104&highlight=Advanced+Quick+Reply+Form

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - One-Two - 09-20-2010 18:31 PM

Oh, that's cool. Big Grin
It looks like a fully functional editor now.

(09-02-2010 14:55 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

RegisterThanks for this too!

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - Echo - 09-20-2010 18:34 PM

No prob Big Grin

RE: Change your Quick Reply editor into an advanced editor - shoaib - 09-23-2010 15:26 PM

this quick reply is taking more time than the traditional quick reply, as i have already removed the flood time to 0, how can this quick reply instantly add thing, just like the traditional one, as just an ajax waiting and here it goes? kindly guide
and how can i add smilies too in quick reply?