Current time: 08-19-2017, 00:38 AM
Upgrading to 1.6.4?
07-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Upgrading to 1.6.4?
Anyone upgrade to 1.6.4 yet? I'm wondering what is going to break on my forum when I upgrade...lets keep a list here of potential problems that may be encountered when upgrading. I have a ton of plugins as I'm sure a lot of you do!

Namecheap.com

07-27-2011, 16:49 PM
RE: Upgrading to 1.6.4?
it shouldnt matter at all with the plugins the compatibility is usually "16*"

im going to try and upgrade soon i have over 30 plugins on my site but ill tell you how it goes

also you might not need to upgrade have a look at why 1.6.4 has been released

Namecheap.com

07-27-2011, 19:29 PM
Most plugins will need to be deactivated, atleast the ones that make template edits anyway. Its quite an important update and has some performance improvements. To be honest everyone should upgrade, theres no point in holding off as you'll just have to upgrade eventually. Take screenshots of your plugins settings if you need to remember what way you haed specific plugins setup. I'll be upgrading this weekend at some point Big Grin

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

07-27-2011, 20:52 PM
I think I am going to wait a few days to see some feedback...I don't want to turn off my plugins as some of them completely wipe! Like the awards plugin...all my data will be lost! (Not your plugin, I never switched from the other version I was using!)

Namecheap.com

07-31-2011, 21:45 PM
We've already done the Upgrade and thus far all went quite well. If you take care of the actuell Template Changes you shouldn't run into any Issues at all. Only Plugin which wasn't working after the Upgrade was the "Unread Posts" or so.

A tiny Spark of Hope "never" dies !!

Namecheap.com

08-01-2011, 14:39 PM
(07-31-2011 21:45 PM)XTrian Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Amazingly, THe only problem I had was the Google SEO patch needed applied after the 1.6.4 upgrade. I did not deactivate any plugins or anything! Everything seems OK.

Namecheap.com

08-01-2011, 14:45 PM
Nice job rocket, notice any improvement in speed/performance ?

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

08-01-2011, 14:51 PM
(08-01-2011 14:45 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
A little, the pages seem to snap open quicker. Otherwise, the upgrade is pretty invisible.

Namecheap.com

08-01-2011, 15:00 PM
Yea true, but its always good to use the latest version Wink

Namecheap.com

08-01-2011, 15:41 PM
What's gonna happen when 2.0 comes out? I have a feeling that everything we have built for the last few years will cease to exist! Plugins, XThreads..etc. Hopefully 2.0 can deliver on features and is worth a complete forum overhaul!

Namecheap.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)