Current time: 05-27-2019, 14:53 PM
Standard Subscriber Banned Members
10-21-2011, 17:09 PM
Banned Members
Screenshot

Description
Adds a banned member list to your forum. You can decide what usergroups can view the banned member list.

I haven't added a link automatically via the plugin as a lot of themes tend to differ. So add the following link to your forum in the location you want to display it.
PHP Code:
The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup

Register

Updated Dec 16th 2012: Minor Fix
Updated Jan 6th 2013: Compatible With PHP 5.3*

Plugin Name: Banned Members
MyBB Compatibility: 1.6*
Plugin Version: 1.0
Author: Echo

Only subscribers can download this plugin. If you have subscribed already go ahead and download the plugin from the attachment below.

Click To Subscribe

Attached File(s)
.zip  Banned Member List.zip (Size: 825.88 KB / Downloads: 21)

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

10-21-2011, 17:54 PM
RE: Banned Members
Cool! I like that you add the option for the plugin to automatically update the nav bar.

To go along with the changes that you will be making to the User Delete Account plugin (ACP option to put user-"deleted" accounts into a banned group instead, w/ GID that can be specified in ACP, hopefully?), can THIS plugin allow for an ACP option that lets the admin set the GID of the group that they want to be shown in this list? This would make the plugin more flexible, and usable for both scenarios.

Namecheap.com

10-21-2011, 19:33 PM
Eh, aren't you only going to have banned members in a banned group? So therefore they are all gonna be in the "banned" group. Or am I missing what your trying to say ?

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

10-21-2011, 20:28 PM
(10-21-2011 19:33 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
I had planned to create a separate banned group, that "deleted" users will be put into. It would have slightly different configuration from the standard "Banned" group. Users that "delete" themselves, or get deleted due to extended inactivity, may want to come back one day... So I would treat these accounts slightly different from those that I might intentionally ban. They will still have basically no permissions to see or do anything on the site, but I would use a function like your Redirect Banned Members to send them to a certain page that explains why they can't see anything, etc. This would require that the Redirect Ban Members plugin offered the option to specify the GID of the desired ban group (default to 6).

I guess it might just be easier to keep the legitimate BANS with those that are "deleted", but for the latter I wanted things to appear less punitive. I could generalize the wording and such, and then it would be all right. Still, this added plugin flexibility would be good, IMHO.

Namecheap.com

10-21-2011, 23:22 PM
Very nice tool, just what i needed.

Ty Wink

Namecheap.com

10-22-2011, 07:33 AM
thanks for your release. I can get the banned list using the pagemanger with ban list page code. Is it that simple Big Grin

Namecheap.com

10-22-2011, 08:57 AM
(10-21-2011 20:28 PM)Jayfore Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register

Im confused now lol. I assume your referring to the member delete plugin and not this plugin ?

Namecheap.com

10-24-2011, 16:21 PM
Thanks, Echo. This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks, Mihau

Namecheap.com

10-24-2011, 19:36 PM
This is a really nice plugin, I actually was just looking for a plugin like this, when I got the email Big Grin great work!

Namecheap.com

11-04-2011, 21:39 PM
Very nice plugin, congratulations !

Namecheap.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)