Current time: 08-20-2017, 06:40 AM
Server load mysterious problem
02-14-2013, 19:52 PM
Server load mysterious problem
I'm facing a very mysterious problem
My forum has 1000-1200 visitor and 50-60 posts per day and 4 commonly used plugins that are up to date installed on the forum. Also, mybb is up to date (version 1.6.9). CloudFlare is enabled for my domain.

It has normal server load but when problem occurs entry processes goes very high and site gets unreachable and this problem continues until I set chmod permission of plugins folder to 0000.

Plugins are:
profile comment
multi-attachment
thanks
thread description

I'd contacted my host support department and they said:
Quote:The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register

I don't know whether this is an attack or a bug. Can you help me about this?

My site is a place for discussing about anime and manga

Namecheap.com

02-14-2013, 20:48 PM
RE: Server load mysterious problem
Id say its cloudflare. Never liked it, anytime I ver used it, it slowed my sites up something horrid.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

02-14-2013, 21:23 PM
So you recommend to de-active cloudflare?

Namecheap.com

02-14-2013, 23:55 PM
Yes I sure do. I can assure you that you will notice a difference. It may take up to 72 hours for the DNS to resolve, so don't expect an instant improvement.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

02-16-2013, 00:47 AM
OK, I'd disabled cloudflare

Thanks for support

Namecheap.com

02-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Do you recommend using CloudFlare 'Railgun' technology?
https://www.cloudflare.com/railgun

Namecheap.com

02-27-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't know anything about railgun to be honest. Has your server load improved since you removed cloudflare ?

Namecheap.com

03-14-2013, 20:10 PM
I hadn't feel any difference in performance but spammer bots registration were reduced.
_________
Just one month later than previous issue, I'm facing this issue again, even though I'd disabled CloudFlare service completely.
I'm really confused, the only solution is to chmod plugins directory to 0000 or else entry process reaches its limit and site goes unreachable (at first entry process reached its limit 475 times in two hours!)

Namecheap.com

03-28-2013, 17:56 PM
I'd upgraded my hosting plan to another server business plan, but still facing the problem.
I don't know what should I do to solve the issue

Namecheap.com

03-28-2013, 18:20 PM
You host should be able to pinpoint this issue. Is your host refusing to help you ?

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Question] CSS problem on teslagame theme FlowZ 0 449 02-16-2016 16:29 PM
Last Post: FlowZ
  [How To?] problem with mybb Cookiemonster 11 3,414 03-28-2013 00:53 AM
Last Post: Echo
  Problem with Imgur image uploader FReQuEnZy 6 1,607 03-26-2013 16:34 PM
Last Post: FReQuEnZy
  Problem with a theme. Photoshop bliss v3. FReQuEnZy 10 2,242 03-26-2013 03:20 AM
  Problem with forum footer social sites plugin. FReQuEnZy 8 1,880 03-22-2013 23:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)