Current time: 05-25-2017, 06:00 AM
Need an existing plugin upgraded for MyBB 1.8 ? Click Here
Problem with forum footer social sites plugin.
03-22-2013, 21:15 PM
Problem with forum footer social sites plugin.
The plugin works fine on the default them, but doesn't show anything on the custom one. The codes for the footer templates are identical. Any idea on this? Did I forget to configure something?

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

user : cncftw
pass : dev123

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 21:20 PM
RE: Problem with forum footer social sites plugin.
Have you installed the theme after you activated the plugin ?

Edit: I cant see your custom theme, I currently only see the default theme, and the plugin is working on that theme.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 21:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 21:38 PM by FReQuEnZy.)
Yes, I installed the theme after installing the plugins. I've set the custom theme as default now.

I just checked the default theme and it works fine.
BTW is it possible to remove the green bounding box around images?

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 21:41 PM
Thats why its not working. Most plugins make edits to themes or add additional variables to themes when they are activated/installed. If the theme is not there when the plugin is activated/installed, then it cant make the edit.

Deactivate the plugin and re-activate it.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 21:49 PM
I re activated all the dysfunctional plugins and it seems it fixed errors for grouped subforums, highslide images, but the social footer still doesn't function.

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 22:30 PM
Check your index_boardstats of your default theme, there's 4 social sites variable. Place them in the same template of your custom theme.

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 22:43 PM
I did. No effect. I even copied the whole code.

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 22:46 PM
Iv you can send me an admin account, I can take a look at your templates and see whats going on.

Namecheap.com

03-22-2013, 23:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 23:13 PM by FReQuEnZy.)
Done. You can take a look around.

Hmmm Seems it works, but the forum style doesn't fully extend to the areas added by the plugin.

Basically the theme border doesn't extend to the areas below the new areas. Eg:facebook

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  i keep getting this in my forum polopolo 1 223 11-18-2016 20:49 PM
Last Post: polopolo
  [Question] CSS problem on teslagame theme FlowZ 0 410 02-16-2016 16:29 PM
Last Post: FlowZ
  Error for plugin chatbox Irrumatio 2 1,124 01-26-2014 04:19 AM
Last Post: Echo
  [Question] Recreate form & function of a phpBB plugin Nige 0 1,408 09-21-2013 13:51 PM
Last Post: Nige
  [Error Message] Forum Off wcampos 20 4,187 08-11-2013 16:33 PM
Last Post: nebulos

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)