Current time: 06-23-2017, 01:07 AM
Need an existing plugin upgraded for MyBB 1.8 ? Click Here
MyBB Extras iPhone App
02-26-2012, 21:18 PM
MyBB Extras iPhone App
The mybbextras iphone app is now available on the app store. The app costs €0.79 / $0.99

Preview: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
App Store Download Link: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

03-02-2012, 01:20 AM
RE: Mybb Extras iPhone App
Ive posted the latest screenshots on the iphone app, any suggestions are welcome.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I'm guessing you had to pay for this to be done and if we want something like this we would have to pay as well?

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I built it myself. It will cost, I'm looking at around €50 per app. You can then decide wether or not to charge for it on the app store. It's a great way to advertise your site to millions of users and possibly make money from it.

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 17:01 PM
How would we make money off it? Thought it would all go to you?

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 17:13 PM
I can provide you with the completed project for you to submit it to the app store, where you can decide to charge for it or not.

Or

I can submit it to the app store for you and make it available for free to all your users.

Either way its a great source of advertisement for your site. Millions use the app store.

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 17:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 17:21 PM by NekoNeji.)
I understand that lol, I've looked into the developing of apps for the iPhone and iPods and etc, but when you say charging people for the app, I believe the money would go to you, because the app would be under your account. Thats where I got a little confused lol

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 17:22 PM
If the app is code-signed by me then yes it is assigned to my account. The app only needs to be code signed before submission to the app store. So basically if you wanted to submit the app, you would code sign it via your account.

Enabling you to charge for the app is only a possibility, its not necessarily straight forward. It might be easier to have me code sign and release it for free.

Hope that helps you understand the process a bit better.

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 18:33 PM
It does, just wanted to be sure on everything, because I am thinkin on developing on some apps not just for the mybb site we have, even though its a good way for my members that can't always get on a computer help them, but also design some other apps as well.

Namecheap.com

03-06-2012, 18:36 PM
Yea, I'm gonna start building all kinds of apps too, its the way to go I think. Big Grin
Good luck with your app building Neko Wink

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MyBB Extras Chrome Browser Extension Echo 0 2,243 08-17-2014 20:12 PM
Last Post: Echo
  [Question] Current MyBB Extras Theme Gabby 2 2,071 08-03-2014 16:49 PM
Last Post: Gabby
  [Video] MyBB Windows 8 Meto Theme Echo 2 7,576 07-29-2013 12:15 PM
Last Post: Bala
  MyBB Alert System Switchbladed 5 3,542 01-05-2013 02:05 AM
Last Post: jeffdaryl
  MyBB 1.6.9 Release (Security Release) Switchbladed 3 2,186 01-05-2013 01:52 AM
Last Post: jeffdaryl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)