Current time: 07-28-2017, 15:50 PM
My BB Portal
01-09-2013, 21:10 PM
My BB Portal
Does anyone have any idea how to allow guests to view the portal, I can't find anything in the settings

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 21:15 PM
RE: My BB Portal
They can by default. I just viewed your forum's portal as a guest Big Grin

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 21:36 PM
(01-09-2013 21:15 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Is it the forum Index you are seeing, or the actual Portal with the sidebar and post feeds ?

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 21:38 PM
Im looking at: http://www.talkoftheterrace.net/portal.php

Your index seems to be your actual portal. In "ACP >> Settings >> General Configuration" what is your Homepage URL set to ?

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 21:41 PM
(01-09-2013 21:38 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
http://www.talkoftheterrace.net

It's set to that but in HT access I changed the setting to portal.php index.php as per a snippet I read

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 21:47 PM
Ah ok. So your issue is solved or ... ?

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 22:01 PM
(01-09-2013 21:47 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
umm No LOL

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 22:03 PM
Ok but Guests can view the portal. You problem was "How can you allow guests to view the portal" lol, so what are you having an issue with ? Maybe im missing something lol ?

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 22:11 PM
(01-09-2013 22:03 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
To be honest I think I am as well !

OK here we go:

.htaccess is set as follows

Directory portal.php index.php

ACP>Config>General Config is set to

http://www.talkoftheterrace.net/portal.php

If I log out with those settings I get the portal in HTML no theme, and the index page as html only

If I change the ACP setting to have no portal.php extension, I get the theme, but the landing page I get is the index page, not the portal !

Namecheap.com

01-09-2013, 22:15 PM
Have your tried setting your directory to "Directory index.php" or "Directory portal.php", surely you can't have 2 index directories ?

Namecheap.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)