Current time: 10-18-2017, 15:44 PM
How To? Stop A Background Repeating
07-02-2012, 15:22 PM
Stop A Background Repeating
I have just set an image background but how do i set it so it doesn't repeat and look ugly on my site because at the moment you can see were the image stops and starts.

Namecheap.com

07-02-2012, 15:46 PM
RE: Stop A Background Repeating
Ive edited you background code. That image wont work well with the gradients it has. Ive stopped it repeating and added a background color, but because of the gradients it doesnt work well. If you dont add a background color the image will only display on half the page.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

07-02-2012, 15:49 PM
(07-02-2012 15:46 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Ahh i see so if i make the image gradually go into my main colour at the bottom it should be ok?

Namecheap.com

07-02-2012, 15:52 PM
Yes exactly, create a gradient from top to bottom, then get the exact color of the last pixel on the bottom of the image. That will then be your background color.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

07-02-2012, 16:14 PM
mmmm i am not very good at doing gradients, i am giving it ago now

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [How To?] How can I add a background changer to my theme? Technologx 0 427 04-28-2016 02:33 AM
Last Post: Technologx
  [Question] Theme with Background Image - Problem on non-standard Forum Pages Wolfseye 6 3,842 07-14-2012 19:21 PM
Last Post: Wolfseye

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)