Current time: 06-24-2017, 09:44 AM
Need an existing plugin upgraded for MyBB 1.8 ? Click Here
How To? Login Length (Cookies?)
11-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Login Length (Cookies?)
Well, on my forum it every time I go onto it, it pretty much makes me login every time, like if I leave it for an hour and come back I have to login again, but on MyBBExtras, I've been logged in for like months, how can I change my forum to not log me out and to keep me logged in for a longer time?

My Forums
The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: Login Length (Cookies?)
Try completely clearing your forum cookies.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

11-30-2012, 13:23 PM
How might I do that?

My Forums

Namecheap.com

11-30-2012, 13:26 PM
Delete your browser cookies. Whatever browser your using, google how to delete site specific browser cookies. Then the next time you login you should be asked if you want to remember the login details for that site.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

11-30-2012, 13:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 13:32 PM by Switchbladed.)
Oh.. yeah.. I know that.. I've done that heaps, I thought you meant somehow on the forums side.
It works fine for your site every time, but my site logs me out like hourly.
Even on other computers, and it happens to my friends and users too.

My Forums

Namecheap.com

11-30-2012, 13:35 PM
Try changing your cookie prefix in ACP settings.

Namecheap.com

12-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Won't that break the entire logging in?

My Forums

Namecheap.com

12-02-2012, 13:27 PM
Yes, but maybe that's what you need. Just means everyone will need to login again, might not be a bad thing.

Namecheap.com

12-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Okay I'll try that then. Thanks

My Forums

Namecheap.com

12-05-2012, 15:08 PM
@Switchbladed Your profile says you have MyBB version 1.6.6? I used to have the same problem, but only in Firefox. The bug was fixed in 1.6.8.

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [How To?] Increase the length of the textbox + Editor? ForumMix 0 608 02-01-2015 10:33 AM
Last Post: ForumMix
  Members not being able to login after update? matrixsc 9 2,629 10-29-2011 09:15 AM
Last Post: Echo
  help with admin login farid93 1 1,020 01-25-2011 17:27 PM
Last Post: Echo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)