Current time: 08-23-2017, 10:59 AM
How To? Add a rounded frame around Avatars in Postbit ?
08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Question Add a rounded frame around Avatars in Postbit ?
Is there a way to have all Avatars in the Postbit have a rounded frame/border around it ?

Wolfseye

Namecheap.com

08-22-2012, 22:07 PM
RE: Add a rounded frame around Avatars in Postbit ?
here take a look a this wolfseye

http://mods.mybb.com/view/framed-avatar-...way-plugin

Namecheap.com

08-22-2012, 23:40 PM
You could also locate the avatar variable in your postbit, wrap it in html span tags and apply a CSS class to it.

Code:
The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register

Then add some style to your CSS class like so:

Code:

Register

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

08-23-2012, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2012 06:52 AM by Wolfseye.)
(08-22-2012 22:07 PM)Cookiemonster Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Not really sure where to find that. I tried to do that in postbit_avatar but wasn't the right spot. Also tried it in postbit but none of what I tried there worked either. That frame always appeared either behind/below or above the Avatar.

Namecheap.com

08-27-2012, 02:55 AM
In the "postbit" template, not the "postbit_avatar" template.

PHP Code:
The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup

Register

Namecheap.com

08-27-2012, 08:27 AM
(08-27-2012 02:55 AM)GuNeRkId Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Thanks, but didn't work. The colored frame I defined (code was correct) kinda showed up on the bottom of the avatar, but behind it. Was not working. Wink But thanks anyways.

Wolfseye

Namecheap.com

08-27-2012, 18:44 PM
Can you post exactly what your using. The html and css please.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

10-29-2014, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 10:29 AM by parricull.)
I dont intend on grave digging but i signed up to this forum just for this thread. I was googling everywhere to find a solution and was sent on a goose chase around the web but in the end i personally solved this by using code from a separate tutorial. I too wanted rounded borders and achieved it using css.

I use the postbit_classic layout on my forum. But i guess this code can be used in both postbit and postbit_classing templates.

In postbit_classic template wrap {$post['useravatar']} with a div:~

Code:

Register

In the global.css of my theme, i switched to advanced view and right at the bottom pasted the following:~

Code:

Register

To change the colour just edit the #ccc to match your theme.

Below is an example currently on my forum.

Highslide JS

Register

*edit*
1. If copying and pasting the code be sure you check the syntax when your hi save in your templates has it may include extra spaces and not work
2. Be sure to purge/clear your cache to see the effects (browser/cloudflare/other)

Namecheap.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)