Current time: 05-26-2017, 06:26 AM
Need an existing plugin upgraded for MyBB 1.8 ? Click Here
Help with plugins for 1.8 (sorry if this is the wrong place!)
02-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Help with plugins for 1.8 (sorry if this is the wrong place!)
Hey guys,

Firstly, very sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, please do let me know!

I help run a forum which was a new install of MyBB 1.8 - however all the plugins I want to use aren't compatible.

From what I understand I can't downgrade to 1.6 as it was a new install, but the plugins i'm looking for are along the lines of the following if anyone is able to help;

1. Notify the admin when someone registers to the forum
2. Notify the user by email when there is a new reply to a thread (not just when they have been quoted)
3. Some kind of image re-sizer that shrinks uploaded images to an acceptable size when attached to a reply
4. A like button

If anyone is able to help I'll be most grateful!
Emily.

Namecheap.com

02-22-2015, 00:07 AM
RE: Help with plugins for 1.8 (sorry if this is the wrong place!)
Those plugin should be available for download here. Yes, they are all 1.6 at the moment, but opening the main plugin file and changing the compatibility from 1.6 to 1.8 should work for most plugins. If they don't, specify what the plugin is and I'll update it.

Use this Link to request plugin upgrades: http://www.mybbextras.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

02-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Thank you so much for your reply Echo! So here's my next question, where can I find info on the member prices?

Namecheap.com

02-22-2015, 11:19 AM
The majority of links are in the header, others you'll find by clicking the little cog wheel on the right side of the header. Heres the member price list: http://www.mybbextras.net/subscribe.php

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

04-25-2016, 21:15 PM
If myBBS 1807 is the CURRENT release is there ANY plug-ins available here for THAT version? Since the Panama Papers 'hack' was really just a hole in the image slider on WordPress. I had a WordPress SEO from Hostmonster go crazy on me last November and rather than help me fix the issue Hostmonster had just been bought by Innocentive. From Nov 25th the help desk was getting my sites back onto secure server until I could not sign in to the back end cpanel on the 26th, when they just booted me off without my getting the SQL database.

I never had a BBS but now I am with Hostwinds and using the simple but UPDATED myBBS in building a BBS system with WAMP before I put it online. But I need updated drivers for my_BB 1807 is the name of the current release zip file and is now working in WAMP but hard to find plug ins for themes, credit card processing, chat, and other things.

If this site is NOT having any to do with the NEW updated version of my_BB 1807, please let me know.

Thank you for having a forum dedicated to myBB

Bob

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Issue when activating subscriber plugins. juln 6 1,733 11-21-2012 08:53 AM
Last Post: Echo
  Theme - Plugins not working Switchbladed 3 1,482 06-28-2012 15:02 PM
Last Post: Switchbladed
  Problem with subscriber plugins Switchbladed 8 2,336 06-04-2012 15:25 PM
Last Post: Switchbladed
  [Question] Who is plugins? aabchee 17 5,395 03-12-2012 20:02 PM
Last Post: aabchee
  [Question] Uploading Plugins NekoNeji 3 1,292 01-04-2012 21:04 PM
Last Post: Echo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)