Current time: 08-19-2017, 00:47 AM
Help with a theme
06-09-2012, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 10:53 AM by Switchbladed.)
Help with a theme
I am making a theme, but am not sure how to move something.

I know how to change the style with css, and I can edit plain html to move it to the right spot (I edited with google chrome inspector thing to get the pic)

I don't know which templates I have to edit and where to put it to get this in the right spot: I can get it just above the top blue thing in the pic, but not above the bottom blue thing.

Before:

Highslide JS

Register
After: (Help me change it to this)

Highslide JS

Register

My Forums
The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-09-2012, 15:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 15:47 PM by Switchbladed.)
RE: Help with a theme
I also want to keep those images of new post just above it, I tried it even in google chrome edit, it makes the background bit shrink.

No need for this anymore, I'm doing it a different way now.

My Forums

Namecheap.com

06-09-2012, 15:55 PM
Ok Wink Remember, if you make changes to something, test it in all browsers.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-09-2012, 16:40 PM
Oh right.. I HATE THAT! I made this massive awesome theme once, it was all in html and css. Then I showed it to a friend and things were all over the place. Once I changed something, it changed it on the other browser and it was completely messed up. Why doesn't everyone just use the same brower? Chrome is the best.

My Forums

Namecheap.com

06-09-2012, 18:56 PM
(06-09-2012 16:40 PM)Switchbladed Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
A better question, why doesn't all browsers use the same web standards ? lol

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-10-2012, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 01:10 AM by Switchbladed.)
Uh.. or you could say that yes. That would be much better.

Do you know how to make the background of a theme to not move when you scroll down? My background is short, so I want it to not move when I scroll down, because the background would start over again and it looks ugly.

My Forums

Namecheap.com

06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I fixed the background.

How do I edit the menu up the top? Home | Search | Member List | Help I need to add some links and get rid of some, also one of the links is misspelt so I need to fix that, can't find where though.

My Forums

Namecheap.com

06-12-2012, 17:22 PM
(06-12-2012 12:48 PM)Switchbladed Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Its in the Header Template - Check there

Namecheap.com

06-13-2012, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 08:30 AM by Switchbladed.)
Yeah I found it, thanks.

Although when I put a image next to it the image gets put in the wrong spot Sad I just removed the image cause I couldn't find a fix.

My Forums

Namecheap.com

06-13-2012, 08:57 AM
What do you mean by the wrong spot ? The vertical alignment or the actual position. Post the code your using to insert an image.

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [How To?] How can I add a background changer to my theme? Technologx 0 403 04-28-2016 02:33 AM
Last Post: Technologx
  [Question] CSS problem on teslagame theme FlowZ 0 448 02-16-2016 16:29 PM
Last Post: FlowZ
  Problem with a theme. Photoshop bliss v3. FReQuEnZy 10 2,242 03-26-2013 03:20 AM
Last Post: FReQuEnZy
  [How To?] mybbextras theme ? dslr 3 1,228 01-14-2013 21:21 PM
Last Post: Echo
  [How To?] Customize My Ultimate Green Theme like Here diskopat 0 731 11-26-2012 11:40 AM
Last Post: diskopat

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)