Current time: 08-22-2017, 00:25 AM
General When do you plan on updating
06-20-2012, 19:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2012 19:06 PM by Scois0n.)
When do you plan on updating
When do you plan on updating your plugins with PHP 5.3 support? Because I don't feel like paying $8 a month when I can't use them. Confused
If you don't plan on updating them anytime soon can I PM you about cancelling my subscription for awhile?

Anyways, according to PHP.net:

Quote:The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register

I really depended on your plugins to make my forum better Sad

Thanks -

Oh, and the edit button for this site doesn't work on Windows 8 beta, meant to say "plan"

Namecheap.com

06-20-2012, 19:17 PM
RE: When do you plane on updating
I wont be updating plugins for php 5.3 anytime soon. What your host is doing is a disgrace. The quote you posted above shows that some functions wont work in php 5.3. This is exactly the reason why your host should be giving you the option to use 5.2 or 5.3. That is totally inconsiderate. All hosts know that 99% of websites are and will be using these functions for possibly a couple more years.

Who are you paying $8 a month too ? Im not sure what you mean by that. And as for windows 8 beta, make sure javascript is enabled. I assume the edit button is working, your just not getting the dropdown for "quick edit" & "full edit" ?

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-20-2012, 22:10 PM
(06-20-2012 19:17 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Yes that's what i'm saying, no dropdown.

I mean $8 for three months. That was a mistake.

And that's interesting. I know where your coming from but like I said, they have refused to downgrade :/

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Namecheap.com

06-22-2012, 11:04 AM
My php version is 5.3.10 and 98% of the plug-ins here work

Namecheap.com

06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
(06-22-2012 11:04 AM)Jynx Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Thats strange. Also, what plugins are not working for you. Please report if a plugin is not working for you. If I dont know its broke, I cant fix it. Thanks Wink

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-22-2012, 16:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 17:05 PM by Scois0n.)
(06-22-2012 11:04 AM)Jynx Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
What??? Maybe it was do to that psychotic hacker who came in and screwed up my templates and locked me out of admin CP. If your right I will be very happy. I'll try now.

I'm on 5.3.13 and none of these things work. I cunfuzzled.

Namecheap.com

06-22-2012, 17:32 PM
Its very possible that Jynx's forum is showing hes using php 5.3 but his server is still actually running 5.2

Namecheap.com

06-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Just out of curiosity what plug-ins are you referring to Some may require a little bit of fiddling with things but i use alot from here which work

Namecheap.com

06-23-2012, 16:57 PM
(06-23-2012 12:07 PM)Jynx Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
All the subscriber plugins are protected from "fiddling" Sad if you would explain what you mean exactly i would be eternally grateful Tongue

Echo, you mentioned that the server might be running a different version of PHP ten what is being run on MyBB. How is that done? And can that be changed by me? Just wondering.

P.S. I found one plugin that works on 5.3 (yay), though the plugin I need to work is Introduce Yourself, and the one that is working is like "twitter on postbit" or somethin.

Namecheap.com

06-24-2012, 09:58 AM
When i say fiddling i mean theme template fiddling

i run a fair few plug ins from here

Introduce yourself works fine on my site what error are you receiving?

Namecheap.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)