Current time: 08-21-2017, 09:23 AM
General Single Paid Plugin Changes
05-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Single Paid Plugin Changes
Ok guys after the recent server DNS issue here at mybbextras, anyone using a Single Paid Plugin experienced some downtime yesterday because of this issue. I sincerely apologise for that.

Why It Happened
Let me first explain why this has happened. Single Paid Plugins check my server for a single text file to verify that the plugin has a valid licence, obviously because my server was down the Single Paid Plugins was returning an invalid licence key as they could not locate the appropriate text files, therefore firing an error message. The current error message was very intrusive as it completely blocked access to your website until the plugin files where removed, I've now made changes on this.

What I have Done About It
I've now made changes to how the error is displayed on your website, should your key become invalid for what ever reason. In the new version the plugin will display a small text notification on top of your forum, alerting you that something is wrong and the Single Paid Plugin will simply just disable itself. As a result, you will have complete access to your website at all times. Below is an image of what you'll see if you have an invalid licence key for a Single Paid Plugin.

Request your new package with the new error system in your Single Paid Plugin confirm thread.
This attachment is locked until you reply to this thread. Become a subscriber and all annoying adf.ly links will be removed.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

05-30-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Single Paid Plugin Changes
But why did it happen with the Site Notice plugin which is not a single paid plugin Echo?

I know you have moved it to the ultimate section recently when you reset the subscription levels. I downloaded it before the change, but now that i am only in the Subscriber section is it because of that?

Namecheap.com

05-30-2013, 12:05 PM
No, the site notice plugin is different, it should not have done that. And no, the subscription levels dont matter. Can you confirm what version of the site notice plugin you are using ? And can you confirm what you mean by "redirection" where you physically being redirected to here or where you just receiving and error ?

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

05-30-2013, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 12:22 PM by michael.)
Hi Echo version number we are using is 1.1

As per my end of post edit post number 11 in this thread The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup..

What was happening was as soon you went to go to the site you were being redirected to the site link at the end of the post (still active when clicked) and the screenshot added shows the site.

I have just looked and i see you are on version 1.2 now but i cannot upgrade it because it is now in another subscription group.

Namecheap.com

05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Thats the problem. 1.1 had a rogue javascript file inside it, 1.2 has fixed that issue. I'll send you a copy of 1.2 right now.

Namecheap.com

05-30-2013, 13:10 PM
Received many thanks Wink

Namecheap.com

06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
I have 1.2 version, but I had the same problem

My site is a place for discussing about anime and manga

Namecheap.com

06-08-2013, 16:21 PM
For something that we have already paid for, why should the key become invalid "ever" ?
so what happens if for some reason you decide to shut down, will all paid for plugins become invalid.....

Namecheap.com

06-08-2013, 16:37 PM
For the first part of post above, I've already answered that in the first post.

I needed to come up with a way to protect my plugins and this way works. I've done this for 3 years now and believe me, ( excuse my french, there are assholes out there ) who think they have the right to distribute other peoples work. The answer to your second part of your post is "Yes". But of course if I do ever decide to shut down I'll release a new version of all paid plugins so they can be used by anyone who purchased them.

Namecheap.com

06-09-2013, 19:12 PM
Ok Echo.....
The first part of above I ment something else but overall I understand that you need to protect your work
And I respect your answer.

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A2Detector Plugin Translation PhantomX 2 2,645 09-09-2013 01:05 AM
Last Post: PhantomX
  [How To?] How to translate plugin "PM on register" pietrek 0 2,373 09-05-2013 12:46 PM
Last Post: pietrek
  [Question] Plugin par el SEO Dark_Soul 0 1,190 11-29-2012 13:22 PM
Last Post: Dark_Soul
  New Footer Bar Plugin Echo 16 6,914 06-22-2012 19:11 PM
Last Post: Echo
  [General] New Plugin Info Pages Echo 0 1,069 06-22-2012 12:13 PM
Last Post: Echo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)