Current time: 05-29-2017, 18:12 PM
Need an existing plugin upgraded for MyBB 1.8 ? Click Here
Error Message MyChat Issue
04-16-2014, 10:33 AM
MyChat Issue
Hello there. Sorry to bother. However I have encountered an issue in installing the MyChat Shoutbox.

First of all, I an just a TAD confused on where I should upload the files in the CSS folder titled mychat and mychat new as I don't actually have a CSS folder. Should I just upload them to the root menu with the mychat, sbreports, sbbanlist, archive, edit, and sbrepot PHP files? Or should I create a CSS folder?

But my main issue is with the mychat file that needs to be uploaded to plugins... When I do so, then go looking in the plugins section I get this message:

"This script is locked to another domain."

So... help please?

Namecheap.com

04-16-2014, 21:28 PM
RE:
You need to upload all files to your root. If you drag the CSS folder for example to your FTP, it will add the contents of the CSS folder to your existing CSS folder or if theres no existing CSS folder it will create a new one. Do this with all folders and files. Can you post some screenshots of the issues that you are having, thanks.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

04-17-2014, 06:00 AM
RE:
Alright thank you. I did it that way, so everything should be where it needs to be.

But I am still getting the message that the script it locked to another domain. It appears when I go to plugins to activate the chat... The message goes away when I delete the mychat PHP file located in the inc/plugins folder... Possible something wrong with the file? The screen shot is below and I have underlined the message in red.

Highslide JS

Register

Namecheap.com

04-17-2014, 10:27 AM
RE:
I'll upload a new file now shortly. Also can you post your exact URL here again, just to confirm.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

04-18-2014, 13:18 PM
RE:
I've uploaded a new plugin file in your purchase thread. Replace the uploaded file with the one you have in : inc/plugins/mychat.php

Namecheap.com

04-19-2014, 14:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 14:55 PM by Selvester.)
RE: MyChat Issue
I have replaced the file and it worked. I was able to install just fine so thank you. (:

The only other thing I am having an issue with is the report feature and staff permissions. Admins have all powers as they should. However those assigned staff permissions only have the additional option of editing shouts as well as the full top options (Archive, reports, ban list, and delete all) but they do not have the options of reporting shouts or deleting individual shouts. And regular members have no options for anything. Not even reporting shouts.

Ignore that whole second part I realized the whole issue. Just a silly mistake on my part. XD

It works perfectly now thank you!

Namecheap.com

04-19-2014, 17:25 PM
RE:
Ah great stuff. Glad you got it sorted Wink

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Issue when activating subscriber plugins. juln 6 1,733 11-21-2012 08:53 AM
Last Post: Echo
  Avatar issue how to display one group with all the same avatars? matrixsc 5 1,826 10-26-2011 20:43 PM
Last Post: matrixsc
  Post Link issue farid93 5 2,163 01-27-2011 09:03 AM
  php opening tag issue Net_Spy 4 1,607 01-15-2011 21:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)