Current time: 08-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Error Message MyBB Problem & Nowhere To Turn
06-17-2012, 23:03 PM
MyBB Problem & Nowhere To Turn
I wonder if anyone can help please.

Last night my website was working fine and i left my site around 3am with no problems and then when next came onto my site the site wouldn't load. So i contacted my hosting who blamed MyBB but everyone has said it was my hosts fault but to be honest MyBB staff will not comment at all or give support.

So after hours of messing about i contacted another host Web Wiz and i am all set up just needed to transfer files via FTP but the hard part was downloading my database via phpmyadmin which i have never done before but i think its done right and it is now on my new hosting account.

But now when i go to my website at http://www.wirraltalk.co.uk.temporary-domain.com/ i am getting an error message and just do not know what to do. I have spent nearly twelve hours of today sitting here trying to sort it out but nothing will work.

Can anyone please please help with this i really would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:09 PM
RE: MyBB Problem & Nowhere To Turn
That error is 100% a host problem -> (2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

The target machine in this case is your hosts datacenter. You certainly need to contact your host about this issue. On a side note if you look in my signature I have some active coupons for hostgator hosting discounts. Ive been with them since 2010 and never had any problems at all.

Let me know how you get on when you contact your host, I'll try and assist you as much as I can.

The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:12 PM
Why are you using that crazy temp domain ?

$10 Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
25% Off any hostgator package - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.
$25 Off all reseller packages - Coupon Code: The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012 23:16 PM by Monk.)
Thanks so much for your reply.
Thats what i was first told but i cant understand if i have part moved from Unlimited Web Hosting to Web Wiz and its doing on theres too will it definitely be a host problem?

I have to admit i did speak to Host Gator before via there live chat (which i was impressed with the moving croc lol) and they said they would migrate me free which was good but i just don't want to be stuck with the same problem there too. I am really gutted because i have a lot of members on there and its building fast then this happens Sad

(06-17-2012 23:12 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
lol i was waiting for that lol, its what Web Wiz gives you to sort the site before you go live. Big Grin

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:20 PM
Based on the error, its definitely a host error. You're exported database imported to your new hosts phpmyadmin successfully right ? If so its definitely a host issue. As far as hostgator goes, I can honestly say I've never had any problems with them.

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:50 PM
(06-17-2012 23:20 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
No its shows the same error on the new host too Sad
I just dont know what to do Sad

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:51 PM
Wait hold on, so you cant import your database to your new host ?

Namecheap.com

06-17-2012, 23:56 PM
(06-17-2012 23:51 PM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
No i have done that but thats the error i am getting http://www.wirraltalk.co.uk.temporary-domain.com/

I have to admit i have never moved a database from one to another so i am hoping i have done it right. But from what i see in th new hosts database it seems to be all there.

It possibly may need checking by someone who knows what they are doing just to clarify its done right.

Namecheap.com

06-18-2012, 00:00 AM
I can check it if you want me to, but that means giving me cpanel access, admin access etc..... Not everyone is comfortable with doing that. To be honest, by contacting your host, they should resolve the problem in minutes.

Namecheap.com

06-18-2012, 00:07 AM
(06-18-2012 00:00 AM)Echo Wrote:  The contents of this section are hidden from your usergroup.

Register
Thats fine i can change the details later. Thanks so much Echo.
Could you give me a list of the details you need and i will PM you.

Obviously its a waste of time giving you the login details to the main forum because there is no way to login Sad

Namecheap.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MyBB Extras Chrome Browser Extension Echo 0 2,271 08-17-2014 20:12 PM
Last Post: Echo
  [Question] Current MyBB Extras Theme Gabby 2 2,103 08-03-2014 16:49 PM
Last Post: Gabby
  [Video] MyBB Windows 8 Meto Theme Echo 2 7,611 07-29-2013 12:15 PM
Last Post: Bala
  MyBB Extras iPhone App Echo 29 11,349 05-06-2013 17:15 PM
Last Post: NekoNeji
  MyBB Alert System Switchbladed 5 3,573 01-05-2013 02:05 AM
Last Post: jeffdaryl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)